We often run a 5 Element Course for those that would like to know more about the theories that our treatments are based on, aswell as the desire to learn more about the self and our relationship to those around us and the outside world. Take a look below for details on our next course.
Join us on ‘Zoom’
This course will also be accessible via Zoom. If you’d like to take part this way please let us know on the registration form below.
15th November – 20th December 2020
5 Week Course | Every Sunday Evening | EXCEPT 6th December when there will be NO session that day.
There are limited spaces on this course so please book early
5pm – 8pm
TBC on booking
Requirements for participation
None. This course is for everybody from complete beginners to practitioners
Our resident practitioner – Martine Niven BSc (hons) Lic Ac, MBAcC, DipTn, Dip Paed
Discover yourself and others through the theory of the Five Elements. Throughout this workshop you will discover and learn about all of the elements. You will learn how they make up the very fabric of our universe, including us, and how they influence our very being emotionally, mentally & physically. This course will cover how all of these elements are present within us from birth and how one of them is imbalanced giving us our constitutional imbalance type or CF – Constitutional Factor, having an important effect on our personality, emotions and physical health.
You will gain insight into the virtues and vices of each. You will learn how to recognize the signs for each element within someone – by colour, sound, emotion and odour and what steps we can take to balance them. This workshop will help you to see life and its surroundings in a fuller context, lead you to a new and compassionate understanding of yourself and others and will inspire personal understanding, growth and development.
It is an interactive workshop, with audio and visual presentations. You will be able to partake in physical exercises working in small groups and in partners. You will be given a number of handouts as you progress through the course and on completion be awarded a certificate of participation (with the number of CPD hours gained).
Who is this course for?
- Suitable for all, any person interested in Chinese medicine, self-development and learning.
- Suitable for all therapists or practicing Acupuncturists – can go towards CPD hours.
- Suitable for those interested in Chinese Culture and Wellbeing
What you’ll learn / study
- A clear and deep understanding of the five elements
- Distinguish between each element’s different associations.
- How to recognise the elements in yourself and others.
- To be able to distinguish different colours on the face
- To become more sensitive and aware of visual signs that highlight a person’s constitutional factor
- To be able to emotion test for each element
- To be able to discern between different odours
- To recognise each elements strengths and weaknesses, their vices and virtues. What emotions and attitudes become more prominent when each element goes out of balance
- Distinguish the factors that highlight the ways in which they cope
- To learn about each element’s life lessons and to have clear lifestyle advice to help them balance.
- Qi Gong exercises related to all elements
£150 for course
How to register
Please fill in the form below or call us directly. If you are interested in joining us on Zoom please add as an additional message. We’ll call you back to take payment and get you booked in!